(Of course, "done" doesn't really mean done . . . )
Well, over the last four or so months, I've torn very big holes in my manuscript of IMPERFECT, then filled them in with nice, new, shinier stuff. It's been brutal trying to fix some of the issues, but the hardest part is over.
Now, I need to go through and refine what I've done and fix inconsistencies (which will still take quite a while, but that's okay).
Here's a quick list of some of the stuff I did:
-Refined and redefined the personality of the main character
-Added new POV characters (characters we get to see the story through).
-Added more time with some of the favorite characters
-Designed, illustrated, and produced an entire reference guide-book for the entire series, that's now seen throughout the novel (Kwon's Guide Book, which I've talked about on here before).
-Reorganized entire sections, involving trashing some scenes and adding multiple new ones.
-Deleted two entire chapters from the ending, replacing them with a more exciting show-down for one of the plot lines and truncating a slow-moving, but necessary sequence of events (I took a drawn-out courtroom storyline that was two and a half chapters and shrunk it down to half a chapter).
-Nearly went insane.
So, there you have it. I'm hoping to have a rough, "beta" of the draft by the end of summer. That, unfortunately, won't make it into the hands of very many people, but through handing it out to a select few, I should be able to have something ready for release by Christmas.
I hope so anyway!